At the polls June 12, Vassalboro voters re-elected two incumbent town officials and re-approved the 2018-19 school budget initially approved at the June 4 open town meeting.
Town Clerk Cathy Coyne reported that Selectman John Melrose received 808 votes and school board member Jolene Clark Gamage 786 votes.
The vote on the school budget was 620 in favor and 247 opposed, Coyne said.
She called the turnout “pretty good” for a primary election, with voters coming steadily all day.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro residents learn about sewer expansion project
- Vassalboro board rejects request for reconsideration
- Vassalboro school board had hoped to appoint new superintendent
- Vassalboro residents asked for input on marijuana, picnic area
- VASSALBORO: Interlocal agreement reached
- Vassalboro planners approve four permit applications
- Vassalboro selectmen agree to give sanitary district TIF funds
- Vassalboro tax rate raised at town meeting
- Vassalboro Appeals Board upholds permit to So. Stanley Rd. resident
- Vassalboro board of appeals gives farm stand go ahead