5210 Let’s Go!, introduced in 2012, is committed to promoting policy and environmental changes at child care programs, schools, out-of-school programs, health care practices, and workplaces. The program’s multi-setting approach, daily 5-2-1-0 message (five or more fruits and vegetables, two hours or less of screen time, one hour or more of physical activity and zero sugary drinks) and 10 evidence-based strategies are used to effect change across the state of Maine. Strong leadership from The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center and collaboration across health systems and community health coalitions contribute to the program’s success.
5210 Let’s Go! awards bronze, silver and gold awards to programs who support and collaborate with them around healthy eating and increased physical activity. A Bronze award reflects a site’s implementing the program’s five evidence-based priority strategies. Silver acknowledges a site that has communicated these changes to parents and family members. Gold, the highest level of recognition, is reserved for sites that have written all five priority strategies into policy or have school staff participate on the district’s wellness committee.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- New pastor at First Baptist Church, in Waterville
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet
- Local fire chiefs cited
- Area teams take part in Battle for Breast Cancer field hockey tourney
- Emmanuel College names local students to spring dean’s list
- New Dimension Cruisin’ For A Cure car show raises money for Children’s Miracle Network
- Waterville Opera House announces auditions
- 9th annual Battle for Breast Cancer raises $42,000