The Somerville Volunteer Fire Department recently visited the Somerville Pre-K program. Chief Dostie and other members of the Somerville Volunteer Fire Department demonstrated what a firefighter looks like when dressed in full gear. Young children are often scared the first time they see a firefighter. Children practiced crawling under smoke. They also had a chance to see what equipment is on a fire truck. Chief Dostie talked about smoke detectors and the importance of them.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- LaVerdiere, Breton, Mills-Stevens win seats on board of selectmen
- Farrington given recognition plaque for years of service on board of selectmen
- Public works to get new tractor and attachments
- Students learn about fire prevention
- Four residents attend referendum public hearing
- Candidates state their positions on local issues at public forum
- New bridge construction
- Vassalboro town manager incoming MMA president
- Question on Bailey property purchase put to rest