The Waterville Area Art Society (WAAS) is now accepting applications for its annual $500 scholarship award to be given to a graduating high school senior who pursues a degree in visual arts, performing arts or music. It is open to students from the following high schools: Waterville, Winslow, Lawrence, Messalonskee, Erskine Academy, Snow Pond Arts Academy and Mid-Maine Technical Center.
Information has been sent to the schools. Teachers are asked to submit nominations and include: student contact information; recommendation; information about student’s artistic ability and need; three photos or video clips of student work. These can be submitted by mail (WAAS) PO Box 2703, Waterville, ME 04903-2703) or digitally to waasmaine@ gmail.com. Nominations must be submitted by May 1.
Previous winners and former applicants are eligible to apply again with a former high school or college teacher’s nomination and materials. To receive further information, send email to email@example.com or contact Mary Morrison at 872-5843.
- Fallen law enforcement officers remembered
- Local fire chiefs cited
- New flag flies over First Baptist Church
- Mid-Maine Tech Center announces top seniors
- Waterville to host U12 baseball World Series in 2020
- Battle of Maine set for March 24, 2018
- Shakespeare Slam Competition coming to Waterville Public Library
- Taylar Lamontagne named to president’s list
- William Jackson achieves Eagle Scout
- WATERVILLE: Raymond James welcomes Cheryl Flewelling