by Frank Richards
President, Webber Pond Association
By way of update, the winter is going well. We had an extended period of really cold weather. Many days in a row where the thermometer at my house was minus-25 degrees.
Suddenly, there was a radical shift in the jet stream and we had two days of torrential rain with temperatures in the 40s. All of it came off the watershed. No way it could be absorbed by the frozen ground or snow that melted.
Widespread flooding in Augusta and Winslow. No issues with the Webber Dam. Thirty years ago we were advised to keep the pool between a foot and two feet below the spillway to protect against surges during the winter. That’s about three feet of draw at the control gates. It was good advice.
- Dubois, Grass and Veilleux on Dean College dean’s list
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute announces fall 2017 dean’s list
- Vassalboro Senior Services Fair set for May 23
- Vassalboro school recognizes most improved students
- Co-founder of wildlife rehab center remembered
- Five staff members cited at Vassalboro school
- Vassalboro JMG students are pages for a day at State House
- VBA offers scholarship in 2018
- Andrew Browne makes dean’s list
- Vassalboro Fishing derby results