For Your Health
(NAPSI)—Sometimes, what you don’t know can hurt you. Consider this: Smallpox vaccines were used as far back as the Revolutionary War. This serious disease, which has killed more people than all the wars combined, has been wiped from the Earth by vaccines. It’s a shame that recently the safety of vaccines has been questioned. It’s time people focused on the facts.
Vaccines have long been one of the safest medical treatments. No credible study has proven otherwise. Just like other medicines, vaccines are approved by the FDA. By and large, the rewards of prevention are worth the small risk of any vaccine’s side effects.
Another fact is that vaccines for mature Americans can save lives. When seniors get pneumonia shots, they could lengthen their life expectancy by FOUR years. Flu shots will also protect seniors from a debilitating illness with life-threatening consequences. Vaccinations are generally affordable and they are SAFE.
What To Do
If you have questions about a vaccine, talk to your doctor. They can explain the safety of vaccines and their importance to your health. There are three easy steps you can take to get protected:
1. Find out which vaccines you need. You can go to the RetireSafe website, www.retiresafe.org, and click on the vaccine icon on the left side of the home page. It will take you to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention site that will ask you questions about you and your life. It will then give you a list of vaccines you may need.
2. Discuss the vaccines on the list with your doctor or health care professional.
3. Get the recommended vaccinations.
That’s it…that’s all you have to do to be healthier and possibly add years to your life.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: The American Dream All Over The World
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Safeguard Your Smile, Wherever You Go
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Make Health A Family Reunion Affair: Talk With Your Family About Kidney Health
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Ways To Help Prevent Veteran Suicide
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Suspect Stroke? Call 911
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Fighting the opioid epidemic
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Support For People With Disabilities On The Journey To Work
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Benefits Of CBD Products
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Pressure ulcers costs healthcare billions each year
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Floods Can Affect Your Well Water’s Well-Being