For Your Health
(NAPSI)—Sometimes, what you don’t know can hurt you. Consider this: Smallpox vaccines were used as far back as the Revolutionary War. This serious disease, which has killed more people than all the wars combined, has been wiped from the Earth by vaccines. It’s a shame that recently the safety of vaccines has been questioned. It’s time people focused on the facts.
Vaccines have long been one of the safest medical treatments. No credible study has proven otherwise. Just like other medicines, vaccines are approved by the FDA. By and large, the rewards of prevention are worth the small risk of any vaccine’s side effects.
Another fact is that vaccines for mature Americans can save lives. When seniors get pneumonia shots, they could lengthen their life expectancy by FOUR years. Flu shots will also protect seniors from a debilitating illness with life-threatening consequences. Vaccinations are generally affordable and they are SAFE.
What To Do
If you have questions about a vaccine, talk to your doctor. They can explain the safety of vaccines and their importance to your health. There are three easy steps you can take to get protected:
1. Find out which vaccines you need. You can go to the RetireSafe website, www.retiresafe.org, and click on the vaccine icon on the left side of the home page. It will take you to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention site that will ask you questions about you and your life. It will then give you a list of vaccines you may need.
2. Discuss the vaccines on the list with your doctor or health care professional.
3. Get the recommended vaccinations.
That’s it…that’s all you have to do to be healthier and possibly add years to your life.
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Top Five Tips To Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Tackling Depression Can Lead To A Happier New Year
- For Your Health: Older People Improve Life For Others And Themselves
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: New Guidelines Mean More Americans Have High Blood Pressure—You Could Be One Of Them
- For Your Health – Surprising Perks Of Your Medicare Plan
- Three Easy Ways To Improve Your Life
- Help For People With Problem Perspiration
- Give The Gift Of Music For The Present Of A Lifetime
- Get Back On Your Feet—Tips For Running At Any Age
- Five Myths And Facts About Cholesterol