Lions Pamela Jewett and Donna Brooks were honored by the Whitefield Lions Club for their commitment to new membership.
Lion Donna Brooks received the Membership Key Award for inviting and sponsoring at least two new members.
The Silver Centennial award for membership was presented to Lion Pam Jewett. The award is given to the sponsor of a new Lions member remaining in the club for 1 year and 1 day
The Whitefield Lions Club was formed in 1953, the club currently has 93 members and was recently recognized at the largest club in the state.
The Whitefield Lions sponsor the Erskine Leo club which was formed in May 2016 and boasts 47 members, making it the largest Leo Club in the state.
The Whitefield Lions Club meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at the Lions Den at 52 main St. in Coopers Mills.
Whitefield Lions Club guest night is the 4th Thursday of the month. If you would like more information on becoming a Lion or would like to attend a meeting, visit www.WhitefieldLionsClub.com, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Whitefield Local Lions award six scholarships to local students
- WHITEFIELD: Cindy Lincoln presented with multiple Lions awards
- WINDSOR: Greenwoods celebrate 26th wedding anniversary
- Whitefield Lions host Christmas for Kids
- Two new members inducted into Whitefield Lions Club
- Peace poster contest winners announced
- Mary Follet recognized for 30 years of service
- Local residents named to dean’s list at RIT
- Local residents named to RIT dean’s list for fall semester