Efforts are underway to raise money for a new Windsor Veterans Memorial to list the names of Windsor residents who have served our nation.
A Veterans Memorial committee is hard at work on the details that are necessary to find out what the costs will be for this project. A rough estimate of approximately $45,000 will be needed to erect the monument and landscaping.
They are in the beginning stages of raising funds for this project. It is anticipated that there will be many fundraising opportunities in the future and the group is looking for anyone interested in volunteering. Interested persons may contact Joyce Perry at 445-2998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new monument will be placed at the existing site of the corner of Ridge and Reed roads. The existing monument will be incorporated into the new one.
A benefit spaghetti supper is planned for Saturday, October 27, at the Windsor Elementary School, from 5 – 7 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the door.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Windsor awards years of service at VFD annual meeting
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2019
- 2019 Real estate tax schedule
- Two gifts from the Hermitage: fruitcake and stillness
- Col. Steve Ball, of Windsor: Military man with a mission of peace
- Windsor Food Bank Fundraiser
- Fundraiser planned for Serenity “Blueberry” Bunn
- Windsor Fair 2018 schedule of events
- Unity College graduates six deputy game wardens
- Seventh annual Bikes for Books held at Windsor school