by Mark Huard
The first Winslow Public Safety open house took place at Winslow Fire Department on September 30. Community members had the opportunity to meet and talk with the firefighters as well as other local public safety personnel from the police department and Delta. On display was a replica “Squad 51” that carried equipment that was made famous decades ago on the TV series Emergency, that portrayed the life of Los Angeles County, California Firefighter/Paramedics Johnny Gage and Roy Desoto. This show was responsible for many people to pursue careers in the Fire and Emergency Medical Services. It also helped promote what the standard of care would be throughout the country at the time.
Photos by Mark Huard/ Owner Central Maine Photography
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Winslow Police announce promotions, new appointments
- Winslow McDonald’s holds grand re-opening
- Competition begins for Winslow teen
- Oldest Women’s Society to celebrate 200 years
- Two generations of small business success in central Maine
- Local fire chiefs cited
- Dubois, Grass and Veilleux on Dean College dean’s list
- Winslow band performs at State House
- Winslow girls receive legislative sentiment
- How local officials are making our schools safe again