by Mark Huard
The first Winslow Public Safety open house took place at Winslow Fire Department on September 30. Community members had the opportunity to meet and talk with the firefighters as well as other local public safety personnel from the police department and Delta. On display was a replica “Squad 51” that carried equipment that was made famous decades ago on the TV series Emergency, that portrayed the life of Los Angeles County, California Firefighter/Paramedics Johnny Gage and Roy Desoto. This show was responsible for many people to pursue careers in the Fire and Emergency Medical Services. It also helped promote what the standard of care would be throughout the country at the time.
Photos by Mark Huard/ Owner Central Maine Photography
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet
- Fire prevention week at St. John school
- Shrader installed as new pastor in Winslow
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- National Fire Prevention week
- Author Mark Allen Leslie to speak about new book at Winslow Library
- Winslow holds public safety open house
- Winslow teen presents check to Project Sparrow
- Sen. Collins visits Winslow McDonald’s in support of local schools
- Winslow Police announce promotions, new appointments