by Mark Huard
The first Winslow Public Safety open house took place at Winslow Fire Department on September 30. Community members had the opportunity to meet and talk with the firefighters as well as other local public safety personnel from the police department and Delta. On display was a replica “Squad 51” that carried equipment that was made famous decades ago on the TV series Emergency, that portrayed the life of Los Angeles County, California Firefighter/Paramedics Johnny Gage and Roy Desoto. This show was responsible for many people to pursue careers in the Fire and Emergency Medical Services. It also helped promote what the standard of care would be throughout the country at the time.
Photos by Mark Huard/ Owner Central Maine Photography
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Kathleen McCowan performed in Muhlenberg College’s fall dance showcase “Moving Stories”
- Winslow girl receives national award from HGHW
- John Veilleux is Winslow’s police officer of the year
- Hard work, determination keep Abigail Dudley plenty busy
- 2019 Real estate tax schedule
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Winslow teen wins preliminary round of video competition
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition
- Winslow police drive nets food for local school pantries
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet