Winslow Elementary School has an Autism Program that services 16 students and has been in place at the Winslow Elementary School for 13 years. They do many social groups throughout the day to help students develop social skills including Lunch Social Groups, Play social groups, and end of day Circle of Friends. The Autism Program has a Sensory Room that allows students to take needed breaks to be successful throughout the school day. The Sensory Room is used by many students enrolled at Winslow Elementary School, not just by the students in the Autism Room. The community is very proud and grateful for this intricate Program and its dedicated teachers and facilitators.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2019 Winslow Boys and Girls State delegates
- Enjoying football/cheerleading dance
- Fortier presented with Scout Citizen Award
- Double winner
- Kathleen McCowan performed in Muhlenberg College’s fall dance showcase “Moving Stories”
- Winslow girl receives national award from HGHW
- John Veilleux is Winslow’s police officer of the year
- Hard work, determination keep Abigail Dudley plenty busy
- 2019 Real estate tax schedule
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors