Accepts northern and southern Maine regional and New England soccer accolades
by Dan Cassidy
The 44th Annual Maine Soccer Coaches All-Star Banquet was held at the Spectacular Event Center in Bangor, Sunday, December 3.
Awards were presented by coaches of Northern Maine Class A, B and C, and Southern Maine Class A, B and C. The Presentation of awards included the 23rd Mane Soccer Coaches Senior Bowl MVPs, Northern and Southern Maine Regional All-Stars, Northern and Southern Maine state teams. Maine Soccer “Coach of the Year” Awards, NSCAA Region One Coach of the Year, Class “Players of the Year” Awards, All New England Awards, and All America Award presented to both boys and girls All-Star teams.
Michael Wildes, a senior at Winslow High School and a Class B Northern back soccer player earned multiple awards in the Northern and Southern Maine Regional All-Stars and All New England Awards. Jake Lapierre, a Winslow High School student was also awarded recognition. He was not present to accept the awards.
Wildes played four years of soccer. “I am really proud of my coaches and players at Winslow High,” he said. He is looking at attending one of several colleges: Babson, Assumption, or Saint Joseph’s College.
The event honored over 150 players and coaches at the All-Star Banquet.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Young martial artists have their day at Battle of Maine
- Sen. Collins visits Winslow McDonald’s in support of local schools
- 13th Annual Football Camp
- Area U18 girls capture title at international soccer tourney
- 8th annual Battle for Breast Cancer tourney raises over $34,000
- Local martial arts students claim title belts
- Waterville hosts regional Cal Ripken tourney
- Winslow Police announce promotions, new appointments
- Winslow McDonald’s holds grand re-opening
- Competition begins for Winslow teen