The China Village Volunteer Fire Department extends a sincere “Thank You” to the folks that participated in their annual Chicken BBQ & Raffle on Saturday July 8.
They were again blessed with a beautiful Saturday and very pleased to see all the people that came out to the BBQ – bringing friends and family, smiles and memories – which made for a another memorable day for us. They also extend a heartfelt appreciation to their spouses, who unselfishly donated their time, again.
They enjoyed seeing many friends again and sincerely appreciated the kind words, shared on Saturday. For all the fire department folks, events like this are a pleasant reminder of the caring and giving people in the community.
They also thank all the business that donated to the raffle: Maine Boat Rental, Wildwood, LaVerdiere’s, Circle K, Lakeview Lumber, Toby’s, The Landing, Cedar Springs golf, MJEK Seafood & Grill, Boivin’s Plumbing, Bob’s Glass, Adams Insurance, New England Imports, China Lake Auto, Raider’s Sugar Shack, Courtney’s Hot Dogs, and KFC Waterville.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Scaled back Memorial Day observances in central Maine
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s watershed management
- Memorial Day parade canceled
- Pandemic casualty: China Dine-ah closing permanently
- South China’s Al Kramer to celebrate 100th birthday May 21
- Les Ames, remembered as family man, decorated veteran, community leader
- China group organizing gardeners to support local food pantry
- Despite fewer volunteers, longer hours, local food pantries soldier on
- China Region Lakes Alliance delays summer employment process
- Local church adapts with lakeside, car side Easter service