On April 7, the China Village (ACB) Library hosted a Ukrainian Easter Egg Decorating Workshop with local artist and instructor Lesia Sochor. Using a special tool called “Kistka,” a candle flame, beeswax and dyes, adults and children alike enjoyed learning the ancient craft and made colorful and original decorated eggs to bring home. The library schedules a diverse assortment of monthly events at the library for all who are interested as part of its community and cultural events program. All of the library’s programs are free and everyone is welcome.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local businesses adapted creatively in Covid
- China School Forest workday planned July 25, 2020
- New China town manager takes over with unprecedented local support
- China manager leaving town in good shape
- What to expect at the polls in China on July 14
- Boat inspectors on duty
- Scaled back Memorial Day observances in central Maine
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s watershed management
- Memorial Day parade canceled
- Pandemic casualty: China Dine-ah closing permanently