The “Great Jazz for a Great Cause” benefit concert/open house will be held on Sunday, December 1, from 2 to 5 p.m., at Grand Central Café, 10 Railroad Square, Waterville, to raise funds for Waterville resident Jen Hickey, who is experiencing financial hardship due to treatment for breast cancer. Live jazz will be performed from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. by Jen’s son, Jake Hickey, a Waterville High graduate and up-and-coming artist on the New Orleans jazz scene.
The open house will also feature an Art Show & Sale featuring Jen Hickey’s wonderful photographs, along with free soups, breads, deserts, tea, and coffee.
Suggested donation is $10 per person. Mailed or walked-in donations payable to “Jen Hickey” also are being accepted at Kennebec Savings Bank, 226 Main Street, Waterville, Maine 04901.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Mid-Maine Chamber golf winners announced
- Lions Club launches community enhancement project
- PHOTO: Taking the hand off
- Northern Light Women’s Health welcomes Dr. Doucette
- Local restaurant provides support for law enforcement
- Northern Light named to best maternity care list
- B2B Showcase canceled for 2020
- Parochial vicar named to Corpus Christi Parish
- Northern Light Inland Hospital welcomes Robin Fuller
- Kennebec Savings launches Chamber appreciation campaign