The Waterville Lions Club held their 2nd Annual Drive Thru food drive on October 23. The response from the community was overwhelming, again. In addition to individual donations the following local businesses offered their support by gathering donations: GHM Insurance, the Maine Tourism Association and One River CPAs.
Because of everyone’s generous support the Lions were able to distribute supplies and cash donations to the Waterville Food Bank, St. John Church Food Pantry, in Winslow, and the Fairfield Interfaith Food Pantry. The Waterville Lions Club is a member of Lions Club International and is dedicated to serving the needs of the local community through service and fundraising efforts.
Those interested in becoming a member of the Waterville Lions Club should contact Membership Coordinator Jill Huard at 314-1039 or email@example.com. “Where there is a need, there is a Lion!”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Dr. Herland joins Northern Light Inland staff
- New Dimensions FCU gets large business award
- Don Plourde named CMGC’s 2021 Developer of the Year
- Katie Brann named emerging leader of the year by CM Growth Council
- PHOTO: Waterville advances
- Children’s book author to hold book signing at Retail Therapy in Waterville
- Waterville StoryWalk to launch on North Street Community Connector Trail: Daniel Finds a Poem
- PHOTOS: Opening day for Waterville youth football
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Kringleville volunteers