The Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce will once again be holding their Takeout Challenge Contest to help out restaurants, cafés and eateries at a time when they need us the most.
We all enjoyed eating outside on decks and patios, or frequenting our favorite places while the weather was nice. Now that the temperatures have cooled off, our restaurants and eateries are hurting – many have had to curtail hours, or staff to align with the amount of business coming through the doors. So, it is not as easy to find places to eat outside our homes.
If you can still get food at your favorite hangout and feel a comfort level to do so – by all means, help them keep on keeping on. But for those who may not be comfortable eating inside for the next few weeks and would rather be in the comfort of your own home, please consider ordering takeout to continue helping those who kept you fed in the past.
We all must eat, even during the pandemic – the chamber would simply like to reward you for doing so.
For the next eight weeks, you can enter to win a $25 Damon’s Beverage gift card simply by sending in your takeout receipts for food ordered at any of the Chamber member eateries. It’s easy to enter, and win – just scan, email, snap a photo, mail or drop off a copy of your receipt.
Emails and scans may be sent to email@example.com. Entries may also be mailed or dropped at the Chamber office – 50 Elm St., Waterville. Be sure to include a contact number, in the event you are a winner. Weekly winners will be drawn at random each Wednesday and notified by phone or email.
Check for Chamber member restaurant/eateries take-out hours and website information here: www.midmainechamber.com/takeoutchallenge.
(This list will expand as the chamber receives additional information as to eateries offering takeout.)
Join the Takeout Challenge 2021 – and eat your heart out – while you show some love to our local businesses!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Don Plourde named CMGC’s 2021 Developer of the Year
- Katie Brann named emerging leader of the year by CM Growth Council
- Children’s book author to hold book signing at Retail Therapy in Waterville
- Waterville StoryWalk to launch on North Street Community Connector Trail: Daniel Finds a Poem
- Golf Fore Kids’ Sake raises over $48,000 for BBBS
- Mosaic workshop to be held on Sept. 13 for grieving children
- Scouting lets you escape the inside
- Central Maine youth ballplayers meet the big leaguers
- Mid-Maine Big Brothers Big Sisters receive grant to launch “Bigs with Badges” in Augusta