Bishop Robert Deeley has announced a new priest assignment for Corpus Christi Parish, in Waterville and Winslow.
Effective September 1, 2020, Fr. André-Joseph LaCasse, O.P., has been appointed a parochial vicar at Corpus Christi Parish (Notre Dame Church, Waterville; St. John the Baptist Church, Winslow; St. Helena Church, Belgrade Lakes).
A native of Lewiston, Fr. LaCasse is a member of the Dominican Order, formerly known as the Order of Preachers (O.P.). For over 800 years, the mission of the order has been “to proclaim the Gospel to every corner of the world” so that every soul may come to know and love Jesus Christ.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from the University of Maine at Orono. In 1986, he entered the novitiate of the Dominican Province of St. Joseph, attending the Dominican House of Studies and receiving his S.T.B./M.Div. degree in 1992, when he was ordained to the priesthood. Since his ordination, Fr. LaCasse has served as a parochial vicar at St. Dominic Church, in Youngstown, Ohio; pastor of St. Patrick Church, in Columbus, Ohio; and, for the last ten years, pastor of St. Gertrude Church, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Fr. LaCasse also holds a master’s degree in spirituality from the Pontifical College of St. Thomas (Angelicum), in Rome, Italy.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Temple Academy Outreach Team doing great things within our community
- Winslow Food Pantry to benefit from Hannaford promotion
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Local groups observe 76th anniversary of D-Day invasion
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- Dow poster contest winner 2019
- New pastor at First Baptist Church, in Waterville
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition