Bates College, of Lewiston, junior Kirsten Pelletier won NESCAC Softball Pitcher of the Week honors recently from the New England Small College Athletic Conference, headquartered in Hadley, Massachusetts, after propelling the Bobcats to a 4-0 week, including a three-game series sweep of rival Colby.
Pelletier, of Sidney, threw back-to-back seven-inning shutouts on Saturday, a one-hitter and a two-hitter, as the Bobcats completed a sweep of Colby. She gave up three runs in a complete-game victory against the Mules in the series opener on Friday, and on Thursday she earned a save with three shutout innings of relief at Saint Joseph’s College, in Standish.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2019 Winslow Youth Cheerleading grades 3 – 7
- State class B field hockey champions
- Black Raiders defeat Purple Panthers
- 2019 Waterville Youth Football grades 3-4
- 2019 Waterville Youth Football
- 2019 Lawrence High School boys varsity soccer
- 2019 Winslow Youth Football grades 1 & 2
- Winslow homecoming 2019
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Area athletes show off skills