WINSLOW — The Winslow eighth grade boys travel basketball team won the 2017 Bob Messier Basketball Tournament held at the Old Town-Orono YMCA. This championship capped a successful season when the team went 15-4. They also captured third place at the 38th annual Boothbay Region YMCA Basketball Classic. Team members, front row, from left to right, Joseph Lopes, Jameson Carey, Jake Berard, Marek Widerynski and Cameron Cobb. Back, Hunter Gagne, Robbie Clark, Holden Dart, Reid Gagnon, Jack Bilodeau and Colby Genest. Not pictured are coaches Chris Biolodau, Jay Carey and Mike Gagnon. Contributed photo
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Football is in the air in central Maine – from youth to an old rivalry
- Area U18 girls capture title at international soccer tourney
- New ranks earned; first place winner
- Young martial artists have their day at Battle of Maine
- Basketball tourney champions
- Winville swimmers
- Winslow girls win state Class B title
- Winslow Girls KVAC champions
- Winslow’s Wildes wins multiple awards
- Huard’s Karate Kreatures