by Dan Beaulieu
No Job too small.
Even if you are technically now a “skilled laborer” you can offer your services and grow your business right now… Without any special tools, equipment, or skills. You just have to know how to work hard and let people know you are available.
I am talking about the so-called small stuff. The type of work that normally falls through the proverbial cracks of normal provided services.
The true essence of a business is to find a need and fill it.
Customers, home owners, small business owners, even other companies have those needs today. They need you right now if you can offer these services:
- Small carpentry jobs from putting in a window to hanging shelves to, yes, even hanging things on the wall, to fixing a broken step or a broken window, people are looking for someone who can do this kind of work. The kind of work that the larger companies can’t be bothered to do. General handyman or woman services to do anything a home owner needs, just the small stuff like repairing a fence or a step.
- Other small jobs of any kind. People need someone to paint their steps, paint their shed, or cut a few branches. All jobs that are too small to even call a larger company.
- Cleaning out attics and basements and garages and sheds and other storage areas. People need someone who can show up, clean their attic, cart away things that are no longer needed and bring that space back to life. No special skills are required. All that you need is strong hand, back and ambitions. Even just hauling away and properly disposing of anything from old paint cans to old appliances. There are no easy ways to do this right now?
- Detailing cars: the largest detailing companies are booked out for months. But the demand for this service remains high. People would be delighted if they could call someone to come to their house and detail their vehicles in their own driveway.
- Taking in and storing window air conditioners in the fall and installing them in the spring.
- Winterizing homes from taking in a storing outdoor furniture including properly storing that barbecue and grill.
- Hanging Christmas decorations on the outsides of homes and businesses. And then taking down those decorations.
- General house cleaning on a regular basis. There is a high demand for someone who can do this.
- And there are dozens of other things you can do, other services you can provide.
Another thing to consider is that Maine has the largest per-capita senior population and many of these people can no longer do that kind of jobs that we’ve listed above. This particular demographic is looking for someone like you right now.
All you have to do is think about it. Consider what you would like to do and get started, you’ll be surprised how quickly you fill out your work schedule. There has never been a better time or a better way to grow your own business.