The Winslow High School girls basketball team won the Class B state championship on Friday, March 2, at the Cross Insurance Center, in Bangor, by defeating the Southern Maine champions from Lake Region by a score of 43-29. The sixth seeded Winslow team beat the second, third and fifth seeded teams in the North to ultimately reign as state champions. This was the first gold ball since 2005.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Trying to get away
- Football is in the air in central Maine – from youth to an old rivalry
- Area U18 girls capture title at international soccer tourney
- New ranks earned; first place winner
- Young martial artists have their day at Battle of Maine
- Basketball tourney champions
- Winville swimmers
- Winslow Girls KVAC champions
- Winslow’s Wildes wins multiple awards
- Huard’s Karate Kreatures