The Bog Brook culvert replacement schedule has been released by the town of China. The 25-day project is expected to begin on Monday, August 13, and continue until Friday, September 21. During that period of time, through traffic will be detoured around the project, and only local traffic will be permitted in the area.
Preliminary work will begin on Tuesday, August 14 with site demolition scheduled for Monday, September 3. The new culvert will be installed from Monday, September 10 through Friday, September 14. Road work and paving should take place from Monday, September 17 until Wednesday, September 19. Restoration and clean up will then take place around Thursday, September 20, and continue for about four days.
For the duration of the project, the Hanson Road from the Cross Road to the Bog Brook Road, where the project is taking place, will be closed to through traffic and open only to local traffic, as well as the end of the Bog Brook Road to Pleasant View Ridge Road. Please see the map for more information. Feel free to contact the town office at 445-2014 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Nomination papers available in Vassalboro
- Selectmen agree to purchase property at head of lake
- China selectmen respond to fire chiefs’ letter
- Budget committee absorbs much information at meeting
- Posted Roads Update 2019
- Planners give thumbs up to school gym expansion
- Selectmen OK two TIF board recommendations
- TIF committee gives manager OK on land offer
- China selectmen put warrant in final form
- Selectmen give thumbs down to request for food sovereignty ordinance