by Mary Grow
The China Library Association holds its annual meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16, at the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library on Main Street in China Village. A business meeting including election of officers, amendments to the association bylaws and adoption of a budget for the 2016-17 fiscal year will be followed by discussion with Neil Farrington of plans for the 2018 celebration of the 200th anniversary of the creation of the Town Of China.
All residents interested in China’s local history are cordially invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Four Seasons Club receives unexpected gift
- China scouts officiate at morning worship
- Selectmen give thumbs down to request for food sovereignty ordinance
- Selectmen complete work on town meeting warrant
- Budget committee agrees with selectmen on all but two articles
- Becky Hapgood honored for 25 years service to China
- With no public in attendance, selectmen make short meeting of ordinance amendments
- China town clerk: Get funding reports in soon; late fee now in place for dog licenses
- TIF members approve proposed spending
- Town manager presents detailed budget proposal; Final resident input tentatively set for Feb. 5