by Mary Grow
The China Library Association holds its annual meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16, at the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library on Main Street in China Village. A business meeting including election of officers, amendments to the association bylaws and adoption of a budget for the 2016-17 fiscal year will be followed by discussion with Neil Farrington of plans for the 2018 celebration of the 200th anniversary of the creation of the Town Of China.
All residents interested in China’s local history are cordially invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China throws retirement party for town manager
- LakeSmart on China Lake now ready for inspections
- China special meeting needed to settle final fiscal bills
- China bridge contract awarded to local contractor
- Road work scheduled in China
- Gifted Sisters
- Robbery at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust in South China
- China town manager retires after 22 years service
- China selectmen revisit fire pond issue
- China resident sworn in as new state police chief