Senator Scott Cyrway congratulated Lt. Col. John-Paul Cote, of China, following a unanimous vote by the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee to confirm him as the next Chief of the Maine State Police.
“Lt. Col. Cote has dedicated much of his adult life to law enforcement in the state of Maine, and we on the committee are honored that he will be continuing that work with the Maine State Police,” said Sen. Cyrway.
Lt. Col. Cote will be finally confirmed following a vote in the Maine Senate.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Report from the transfer station
- Planners approve town’s first medical marijuana storefront
- China Lake Association holds annual meeting
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- Planners OK McCormick plan at former diesel truck facility for offices, farmers & flea markets
- TIF committee wants more info before expanding broadband coverage
- China town manager presents several proposals to selectmen
- China company retains contract for bridge replacement at the head of China lake
- Bog Brook culvert replacement set to begin in August
- China special meeting needed to settle final fiscal bills