Senator Scott Cyrway congratulated Lt. Col. John-Paul Cote, of China, following a unanimous vote by the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee to confirm him as the next Chief of the Maine State Police.
“Lt. Col. Cote has dedicated much of his adult life to law enforcement in the state of Maine, and we on the committee are honored that he will be continuing that work with the Maine State Police,” said Sen. Cyrway.
Lt. Col. Cote will be finally confirmed following a vote in the Maine Senate.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Budget committee accepts proposal to assume advisory role in investment decisions
- Five questions, candidates on China’s November ballot
- TIF members hear about alewife restoration project
- Decisions postponed due to lack of quorum at planners’ meeting
- China projects to keep town crews busy
- China budget committee approves three spending measures to be on Nov. 6 ballot
- Three arrested in China car burglaries
- TIF committee continues discussion on purchase of Bailey property
- Three selectmen attend workshop with town manager
- Getting to know the China town manager