At the Oct. 29 China selectmen’s meeting, Town Manager Dennis Heath presented retiring Selectman Neil Farrington a plaque recognizing his 14 years of service on the board and proclaiming Oct. 29, 2018, as Neil Lawrence Farrington Day in China.
Farrington was still on the Nov. 6 local ballot, as an unopposed candidate for election to the Regional School Unit (RSU) #18 Board of Directors.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- CHINA: Medical marijuana plan presented to planners; can’t rule yet
- China CEO Mitnik moves on with regret and pleasure
- Vassalboro selectmen wrap up financial matters as new fiscal year begins
- Guardrail topic generates heated discussion; Cotta resigns from TIF committee
- Selectmen unanimously approve fire departments stipend plan; to submit to state for review
- An inside look at local volunteer fire departments
- CHINA: Decisions on new excavator, Saturday hours postponed
- China receives DEP second round of grants for recycling and organics management initiatives
- Vassalboro selectmen discuss sewer expansion fundings, speeds on So. Stanley Hill Rd.
- Medical marijuana business reschedule; applicant absent