FOR YOUR HEALTH
(NAPSI)—The good news is, Americans are living longer than ever before. While longer life spans bring great opportunities, however, older adults face an increased risk of developing a chronic condition or cognitive disorder.
In fact, one in 10 people age 65 or older lives with some form of dementia. Symptoms include memory loss, language difficulty, a loss of motor function, and difficulty with problem solving.
See A Doctor
There’s no cure for dementia but early detection and treatment can greatly improve quality of life. In addition, reversible conditions—dehydration, thyroid issues, vitamin deficiencies—can have similar symptoms. So if you suspect you or a loved one is exhibiting any of these symptoms, see a doctor.
Many people with dementia require supportive services to maintain independence and increase well-being. That’s where the Eldercare Locator comes in. As the only national information and referral resource for issues affecting older Americans, it connects people who have dementia and their caregivers to a range of services. The Eldercare Locator is a program of the U.S. Administration on Aging, which helps older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Self-Care Tips To Enhance Well-Being
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: How People With Low Vision Can Stay Safe And Independent
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Is That Video Game A Health Risk? Three Things Parents Should Know
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Four Books For All Tastes: Romance, Domestic Humor, Wild West Whodunit, In Praise Of Gratitude
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five foster care facts
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Christmas Dreams Come Early For Wife Of Work-Life Balance Expert
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Veterans Commemorate 50th Anniversary Of Vietnam War With ‘Alive Day’ Stories
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: When Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Out, You Can Ease Pain Without Opioids
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: How Americans Get Enough Protein While Eating Less Meat
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Ask The Doctor: Early Morning Challenges With ADHD