Versatile Vidalia onions are coming into season and will arrive in Palermo on May 17. They’re big, sweet, and juicy, and you can order a 25-pound box of them for only $27. In a cool, dark place, Vidalia onions can keep for up to six months, especially if they do not touch one another. That gives you lots of time to bake them caveman-style in the embers, grill them wrapped in bacon and topped with cheesy crumbs, or caramelized and baked into rich quiches.
As long as your imagination is ignited, why not order some? Call Connie Bellet at 993-2294, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your phone number in your message, as we will call you as soon as we unload the onions off the truck. Payment needs to be received by April 27, and may be sent to: Living Communities Fdn., P.O. Box 151, Palermo, ME 04354.
If you go in with your neighbors (or plan to do some serious canning), you can get four boxes for $100. Proceeds from this sale go to the Palermo Community Center and the Palermo Food Pantry. Your community support is highly appreciated!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony
- Local couple takes trip to Alaska
- Palermo’s Branch Mills Grange hosts annual awards dinner
- Garbage Warrior tackles housing choices
- Last call for Jersey peaches!
- Update on Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Palermo Scout earns Eagle status
- Ride the bus with us to Bible school
- Palermo School third trimester honor roll 2018