Versatile Vidalia onions are coming into season and will arrive in Palermo on May 17. They’re big, sweet, and juicy, and you can order a 25-pound box of them for only $27. In a cool, dark place, Vidalia onions can keep for up to six months, especially if they do not touch one another. That gives you lots of time to bake them caveman-style in the embers, grill them wrapped in bacon and topped with cheesy crumbs, or caramelized and baked into rich quiches.
As long as your imagination is ignited, why not order some? Call Connie Bellet at 993-2294, or e-mail email@example.com. Be sure to include your phone number in your message, as we will call you as soon as we unload the onions off the truck. Payment needs to be received by April 27, and may be sent to: Living Communities Fdn., P.O. Box 151, Palermo, ME 04354.
If you go in with your neighbors (or plan to do some serious canning), you can get four boxes for $100. Proceeds from this sale go to the Palermo Community Center and the Palermo Food Pantry. Your community support is highly appreciated!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Spring is here; Vidalia Onions are on sale!
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- Fundraiser planned for Jacob Seigars
- Dinner and a movie returns to Palermo Community Center
- First time champ
- Palermo scouts meet military medal of honor recipient
- Community garden seeks seed money grant
- Sheriff to speak on scams
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony