Versatile Vidalia onions are coming into season and will arrive in Palermo on May 17. They’re big, sweet, and juicy, and you can order a 25-pound box of them for only $27. In a cool, dark place, Vidalia onions can keep for up to six months, especially if they do not touch one another. That gives you lots of time to bake them caveman-style in the embers, grill them wrapped in bacon and topped with cheesy crumbs, or caramelized and baked into rich quiches.
As long as your imagination is ignited, why not order some? Call Connie Bellet at 993-2294, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your phone number in your message, as we will call you as soon as we unload the onions off the truck. Payment needs to be received by April 27, and may be sent to: Living Communities Fdn., P.O. Box 151, Palermo, ME 04354.
If you go in with your neighbors (or plan to do some serious canning), you can get four boxes for $100. Proceeds from this sale go to the Palermo Community Center and the Palermo Food Pantry. Your community support is highly appreciated!
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21
- Coming of Age in Waldo County
- Dodgeball, basketball tourneys to benefit Jacob Seigars
- Two area boys meet “Gronk” at Barbara Bush Hospital
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Food Pantry to reschedule when schools close
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing
- Tucker Leonard earns Eagle Scout rank
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting
- Sugg participates in TREK program