With very little rain in May, June and so far in July, folks residing on Webber Pond have been wondering about the low water level on the pond.
Webber Pond Association President Frank Richards commented, “My own dock is barely useable.”
Richards went on to explain, “the pool is four inches below the spillway [at the dam]. Normal would be two inches.
“The lake is being drained by one six-inch plank on one side of the control gates. We are trying to keep at least a drizzle going into the outlet stream.”
He also noted that the inlet at Seaward Mills Stream is “dewatered.”
Attempts to contact China Lake Association President Scott Pierz for comments on that lake were unsuccessful.
- China selectmen meeting change due to holiday
- Fun day scheduled in China for February
- China selectmen prepare warrant for budget committee review
- China Bicentennial Celebration on Monday, February 5 at 5 p.m.
- Durant to represent Grace Academy at poetry regionals on Feb. 12
- China residents want more volunteering opportunities
- CHINA: Town manager, selectmen set warrant for town meeting
- Grace Academy recipient of grant from Bar Harbor Bank & Trust
- China planners to prepare a revised comprehensive plan
- CHINA: Selectmen schedule special meeting for budget workshop