With very little rain in May, June and so far in July, folks residing on Webber Pond have been wondering about the low water level on the pond.
Webber Pond Association President Frank Richards commented, “My own dock is barely useable.”
Richards went on to explain, “the pool is four inches below the spillway [at the dam]. Normal would be two inches.
“The lake is being drained by one six-inch plank on one side of the control gates. We are trying to keep at least a drizzle going into the outlet stream.”
He also noted that the inlet at Seaward Mills Stream is “dewatered.”
Attempts to contact China Lake Association President Scott Pierz for comments on that lake were unsuccessful.
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China welcomes new town manager
- China resident named new Maine State Police chief
- China bicentennial committee to bury time capsule
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest
- Dennis Heath named new China town manager
- China TIF committee members get update on causeway, other projects
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema
- Erskine announces class of 2018 Top 10 Seniors