The Sheepscot Lake Association has launched the LakeSmart program on Sheepscot Lake, in Palermo.
Under the auspices of the Maine Lakes Society, the program focuses on preventing shorefront erosion and pollution of lake water caused primarily by rain and storm water runoff. Property owners like the Blomquists on Hoffman Shore request an evaluation which is carried out by trained volunteers. The evaluation is free and provides a summary of findings along with any recommendations. Owners are under no obligation to make changes and the report is not shared with any outside entity.
The Blomquist’s property was awarded the LakeSmart designation and they now proudly display their award signs lake side and road side.
Lakes are not an everlasting natural resource and zipping up the shorefront is the last line of defense against murky, smelly water, algal blooms, fish kills and resulting lowered property values. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kellers celebrate 50th wedding anniversary
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Food Pantry to reschedule when schools close
- Community Commentary: Palermo Commissioners to work together to manage dam
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing
- Tucker Leonard earns Eagle Scout rank
- Palermo & Montville: Voters weigh-in on state referendum questions
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting
- PALERMO: Our little piece of the world: Sheepscot Pond
- Sugg participates in TREK program