The American Legion Auxiliary supports community programs such as children and youth. Each year they fill backpacks for children entering the DHHS system. Most of these children enter with nothing more than the clothes on their backs. They like to provide them with the backpacks filled with items they can call their own in hopes that it makes the transition a little easier for them. This year was no different as they donated 25 backpacks for this program.
American Legion Auxiliary members have dedicated themselves for nearly a century to meeting the needs of our nation’s veterans, military and their families both here and abroad. They volunteer millions of hours yearly, with a value of nearly $2 billion. As part of the world’s largest women’s patriotic service organization, Auxiliary volunteers across the country also step up to honor veterans and military through annual scholarships and with ALA Girls State programs, teaching high school juniors to be leaders grounded in patriotism and Americanism. To learn more about the Auxiliary’s mission or to volunteer, donate or join, visit www.ALAforVeterans.org or http://www.mainelegionpost39.org/. Or contact: Robin Turek, President – American Legion Auxiliary Tardiff-Belanger Unit #39, PO Box 325, Madison, ME – firstname.lastname@example.org – 696-8289.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- I’M JUST CURIOUS: Watermelon ham and more fun
- Empty Bowls fundraiser to be held at Messalonskee
- Travis Mills to deliver Unity College 2019 commencement address
- Local students named to dean’s list at RIT
- Lions club hosts speaking competition
- Instructional coaching important part of RSU #18
- Four Seasons Club receives unexpected gift
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- Kennebec Historical Society to present “A History of Camp Keyes”
- Fun on Ice