Thanks to volunteers
To the editor:
The China Food Pantry exists because of volunteers. Every week four drivers travel to collect fresh items to be distributed on Friday and Saturday. These items are then sorted and prepared both mornings so as to offer good quality shopping. Because of the generosity of three Hannaford stores, Friehoffers Bread Outlet, in Fairfield, Bagelmania, Little Debbie’s, and food donations from community people, we have a wonderful selection of nutritious products for families feeling the “crunch” of winter costs. Kind locals plow the snow and sand the front driveway as their contribution to making China a safer community for all. Money donations arrive regularly from individuals, businesses, churches and local organizations making it possible to buy staple items and put gas in the pantry truck. Our thanks to everyone who has a part in making China a wonderful place to live.
China Community Food Pantry
Please support benefit fishing derby
To the editor:
There is an ice fishing derby this weekend, organized by the Vassalboro Business Association. Proceeds are to benefit “Save the Mill,” which is a great cause. Tickets are available at The Olde Mill Store, Maine Savings FCU, and the Vassalboro Town Office. I’d like to encourage people to support the derby and Save the Mill, by buying a few tickets, even if they don’t enjoy ice fishing. I’d like to encourage people to contribute directly to Save the Mill. There is an account at the Maine Savings Federal Credit Union, in North Vassalboro. I have been there. They will accept a check payable to “Save the Mill.”
There was also an article in The Town Line in the February 1, 2018, issue describing the derby and where to buy tickets, and an article about Save the Mill.
I’d like to encourage members of the Webber Pond Association to contribute to Save the Mill and maybe indicate that you are affiliated with WPA.
President, Webber Pond Association
- Letters to the editor: Crap on our roadsides
- Letters to the Editor: Thanks, Pray for Jacob’s success
- Letters to the Editor: Are we on a path to national suicide?
- COMMUNITY CHATTER: Looking for ceramic ram
- Letters to the Editor: Is the Legislature Serious?
- Community Chatter: Recommends handyman
- Community Chatter: Watch the cashiers/baggers
- Letters to the editor, Week of February 1, 2018
- Letters to the editor, Week of January 18, 2018
- Letters to the Editor, Week of January 11, 2018