PALERMO — On Friday, March 31, the Palermo Community Center will host another monthly potluck Dinner-and-a-Movie event, starting at 6 p.m. This one comes from the director of Food, Inc. Merchants of Doubt takes audiences on a satirically comedic , yet illuminating, ride into the heart of the conjuring world of spin doctors. Filmmaker Robert Kenner reveals a secretive group of highly-charismatic, silver-tongued pundits-for-hire who present themselves in the media as scientific authorities – yet have the aim of spreading maximum confusion about well-studied public threats from toxic chemicals and pharmaceuticals to climate change.
Bring a dish to share with friends and neighbors, or a donation to the Food Pantry. The event is free and open to all. The Community Center is just off Turner Ridge Rd., across from the ball field. For more information, please contact Connie at 993-2294.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Spring is here; Vidalia Onions are on sale!
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- Fundraiser planned for Jacob Seigars
- Dinner and a movie returns to Palermo Community Center
- First time champ
- Palermo scouts meet military medal of honor recipient
- Community garden seeks seed money grant
- Sheriff to speak on scams
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony