Palermo’s Branch Mills Grange #336 hosted its annual awards dinner on August 9. The grange presents two awards annually. Above, the Spirit of America award which is to honor a person for their commendable community service. The recipient of the 2018 Spirit of America Award was Ephraim Staples. Right, the second is the Grange Award to express gratitude for the time, effort and donations that a non-member contributes to the grange. This year’s recipient is Nancy Beekley. Grange Master Ann Bako made both presentations.
Photos by Mary Haskell
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- First time champ
- Palermo scouts meet military medal of honor recipient
- Community garden seeks seed money grant
- Sheriff to speak on scams
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony
- Local couple takes trip to Alaska
- Garbage Warrior tackles housing choices
- Last call for Jersey peaches!
- Update on Sheepscot Lake dam opening