Because of a late spring frost on the peach blooms in northern New Jersey, obtaining those luscious peaches was looking iffy this year, but the Living Communities Foundation finally got access to a limited quantity of them. Peaches will be arriving at the Palermo Community Center on July 29, August 12, and August 19. A full case, 38 lbs., will cost $37 this year, and the half box will cost $23.
These peaches can be ordered by calling Connie at 993-2294, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please include your desired delivery date and your daytime phone number, so Connie can call to confirm your order and call to let you know when you can pick them up. The Palermo Community Center volunteers thank you for your support, and hope we can continue to bring you quality products at a good price.
The first peach delivery happened to coincide with the monthly Dinner-and-a-Movie event, which had to be cancelled this month. However, August’s movie, “Spectrum – A Story of the Mind” will be showing on August 26. It deals with the form of awareness we call autism, and its causes.
- Palermo principal to retire
- PAGES in TIME – Palermo Christian Church: 50-year history
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21
- Palermo residents win battle over Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Coming of Age in Waldo County
- It’s Spring; time for Vidalia Onions!
- OPINION: Proponents of LD922 uninformed, not concerned
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Slippery facts on Sheepscot Pond re-introduction of species
- Dodgeball, basketball tourneys to benefit Jacob Seigars
- Palermo residents speak up about Sheepscot fishway