Because of a late spring frost on the peach blooms in northern New Jersey, obtaining those luscious peaches was looking iffy this year, but the Living Communities Foundation finally got access to a limited quantity of them. Peaches will be arriving at the Palermo Community Center on July 29, August 12, and August 19. A full case, 38 lbs., will cost $37 this year, and the half box will cost $23.
These peaches can be ordered by calling Connie at 993-2294, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please include your desired delivery date and your daytime phone number, so Connie can call to confirm your order and call to let you know when you can pick them up. The Palermo Community Center volunteers thank you for your support, and hope we can continue to bring you quality products at a good price.
The first peach delivery happened to coincide with the monthly Dinner-and-a-Movie event, which had to be cancelled this month. However, August’s movie, “Spectrum – A Story of the Mind” will be showing on August 26. It deals with the form of awareness we call autism, and its causes.
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Food Pantry to reschedule when schools close
- Community Commentary: Palermo Commissioners to work together to manage dam
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing
- Tucker Leonard earns Eagle Scout rank
- Palermo & Montville: Voters weigh-in on state referendum questions
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting
- PALERMO: Our little piece of the world: Sheepscot Pond
- Sugg participates in TREK program
- History of Kenway topic at Palermo Library