Because of a late spring frost on the peach blooms in northern New Jersey, obtaining those luscious peaches was looking iffy this year, but the Living Communities Foundation finally got access to a limited quantity of them. Peaches will be arriving at the Palermo Community Center on July 29, August 12, and August 19. A full case, 38 lbs., will cost $37 this year, and the half box will cost $23.
These peaches can be ordered by calling Connie at 993-2294, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please include your desired delivery date and your daytime phone number, so Connie can call to confirm your order and call to let you know when you can pick them up. The Palermo Community Center volunteers thank you for your support, and hope we can continue to bring you quality products at a good price.
The first peach delivery happened to coincide with the monthly Dinner-and-a-Movie event, which had to be cancelled this month. However, August’s movie, “Spectrum – A Story of the Mind” will be showing on August 26. It deals with the form of awareness we call autism, and its causes.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- Local students named to fall dean’s list at Stonehill College
- Fundraiser planned for Jacob Seigars
- Dinner and a movie returns to Palermo Community Center
- First time champ
- Palermo scouts meet military medal of honor recipient
- Community garden seeks seed money grant
- Sheriff to speak on scams
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony