by Mary Grow
Vassalboro selectmen approved the financing for the new fire truck voters authorized at the June town meeting, after Town Attorney Alton Stevens reviewed the financing contract and proposed changes.
Authorizing Town Manager Mary Sabins to sign the necessary paperwork and approving the initial $63,000 payment were the major business items at a mostly-routine July 13 selectmen’s meeting. Sabins said volunteer firefighters can now prepare specifications for the new truck.
Selectmen approved the rest of the bills ready for payment, some from the fiscal year that ended June 30 and others for the new fiscal year.
Sabins expects tax bills for the 2016-17 fiscal year will go out in mid-August. By town meeting vote, the first quarterly payment is due Sept. 26.
The next regular selectmen’s meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening, Aug. 11. One item likely to be on the agenda is proposed sidewalks in East Vassalboro, a project that has been under consideration for years.
- Dubois, Grass and Veilleux on Dean College dean’s list
- Vassalboro board of appeals gives farm stand go ahead
- Vassalboro auditor happy with town finances, but not the school’s
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute announces fall 2017 dean’s list
- Vassalboro Senior Services Fair set for May 23
- Vassalboro board of appeals schedules two meetings; Denico veggie stand, Welch permit
- Vassalboro school recognizes most improved students
- Vassalboro selectmen appoint Conservation Commission member; award bulk waste contract
- Vegetable stand gets site approval in Vassalboro; still needs shoreland zoning permit
- Vassalboro proposed budget shows 0.90 mil rate increase