by Mary Grow
Vassalboro selectmen approved the financing for the new fire truck voters authorized at the June town meeting, after Town Attorney Alton Stevens reviewed the financing contract and proposed changes.
Authorizing Town Manager Mary Sabins to sign the necessary paperwork and approving the initial $63,000 payment were the major business items at a mostly-routine July 13 selectmen’s meeting. Sabins said volunteer firefighters can now prepare specifications for the new truck.
Selectmen approved the rest of the bills ready for payment, some from the fiscal year that ended June 30 and others for the new fiscal year.
Sabins expects tax bills for the 2016-17 fiscal year will go out in mid-August. By town meeting vote, the first quarterly payment is due Sept. 26.
The next regular selectmen’s meeting is scheduled for Thursday evening, Aug. 11. One item likely to be on the agenda is proposed sidewalks in East Vassalboro, a project that has been under consideration for years.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Better communication between agencies topic of Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting
- Notice of Webber Pond draw down
- Vassalboro planners approve lone applicant
- Vassalboro Days 2018 schedule of events
- Selectmen answer questions about recycling
- Webber Pond Association members tackle many subjects at annual meeting
- Selectmen set tax rate at 0.01545 mils
- Vassalboro selectmen to hold special meeting
- Fishy Photo: Nice trout caught at “hush-hush” pond
- Vassalboro public hearing planned for Brock Trailer Park