by Mary Grow
Vassalboro selectmen meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, in the town office meeting room, with four major items on their agenda. Paul Vesel, Director of Business Development with Realterm Energy, is scheduled to attend to discuss converting the town’s streetlights to LED. Representatives of the Alewife Restoration Initiative (ARI) are to update board members on the proposed fishway at China Lake’s outlet dam and related matters. Department heads from the public safety, recreation, solid waste and First Responders will join selectmen to discuss 2018-19 budget requests. And board members will again discuss the increased tax bill for Vassalboro’s gravel pit in China.
The Town of Vassalboro will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, at the town office, to seek public comment on an application for a Community Development Block Grant to help the Vassalboro Sanitary District connect town sewers to the Winslow sewer system. Interested residents unable to attend the hearing may submit written comments to the town office up to the hearing time. Public comments received before and at the hearing will be submitted as part of the application for funds.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Selectmen set tax rate at 0.01545 mils
- Vassalboro selectmen to hold special meeting
- Vassalboro public hearing planned for Brock Trailer Park
- Vassalboro planning board approves five applications
- Vassalboro residents learn about sewer expansion project
- Vassalboro board rejects request for reconsideration
- Vassalboro school board had hoped to appoint new superintendent
- Vassalboro residents asked for input on marijuana, picnic area
- Vassalboro voters elect two incumbents
- VASSALBORO: Interlocal agreement reached