by Mary Grow
Vassalboro selectmen meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, in the town office meeting room, with four major items on their agenda. Paul Vesel, Director of Business Development with Realterm Energy, is scheduled to attend to discuss converting the town’s streetlights to LED. Representatives of the Alewife Restoration Initiative (ARI) are to update board members on the proposed fishway at China Lake’s outlet dam and related matters. Department heads from the public safety, recreation, solid waste and First Responders will join selectmen to discuss 2018-19 budget requests. And board members will again discuss the increased tax bill for Vassalboro’s gravel pit in China.
The Town of Vassalboro will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, at the town office, to seek public comment on an application for a Community Development Block Grant to help the Vassalboro Sanitary District connect town sewers to the Winslow sewer system. Interested residents unable to attend the hearing may submit written comments to the town office up to the hearing time. Public comments received before and at the hearing will be submitted as part of the application for funds.
- Vassalboro board of appeals gives farm stand go ahead
- Vassalboro auditor happy with town finances, but not the school’s
- Vassalboro board of appeals schedules two meetings; Denico veggie stand, Welch permit
- Vassalboro selectmen appoint Conservation Commission member; award bulk waste contract
- Vegetable stand gets site approval in Vassalboro; still needs shoreland zoning permit
- Vassalboro proposed budget shows 0.90 mil rate increase
- Vassalboro selectmen work to finalize warrant for town meeting
- Vassalboro committee continues work on town budget
- Vassalboro town school officials work to lower school budget
- Vassalboro School board reviews unfinished 2018-19 budget