Free Bus Transportation along Route 32 between the North and East every half hour from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The school bus will run between the corner of Canal St. in the North, across from the Olde Mill to the old Red School House on China Lake with stops at the Grange, Town Office, St. Bridget’s, and the Olde Mill.
• VBA Ducky Derby and Raffle tickets on sale at their table !
• Craft Fair at the Olde Mill in the North, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Inflatable Slide and Bounce House and Kid’s Activities, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Maine Savings FCU Bean Toss Tent, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Face Painting by Connie, 1 – 3 p.m.
• Double Dam Ducky Derby, noon!
• Antique & Classic Car Show on the lawn of the Town Office, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Vassalboro Library Book & Food Sale & Silent Auction, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., at Grange. • Historical Society Open Houses, Displays and Fire House Sale in the East near and across from the Grange, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Boy Scout Bottle Drive for Dempsey Challenge-bring returnables!
• Lemieux’s Orchard corn maze, wagon rides, apple picking, noon – 4 p.m., at 210 Priest Hill Rd.
• D.J.Dudley will be at the Olde Mill from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., introducing performers and keeping everyone aware of what is going on!
*1 – 2 p.m., Vassalboro’s own Abbie Watson!
* 2 – 3 p.m., The Talented Limberger Family of Vassalboro!
* 3 p.m., Jocelyn Begin, winner of Winslow’s 4th of July Idol Competition!
• St. Bridget’s Lawn Party and 90th Birthday Party from 2 – 4 p.m. Visit and enjoy a cup of lemonade, look over pictures and dreams for the future of the building. Donations gratefully accepted for these dreams.
• 6 – 9 p.m., Street Dance at the Olde Mill. DJ Dudley spinning the tunes. BYO chairs! Rain or shine! 50/50 raffle to benefit VBA causes.
Food Vendors for Saturday include Laurie’s Lunch Wagon and the Vassalboro Boy Scouts.
Sunday, September 11
• Noon, Mutt Strut sponsored by the Historical Society: bring your leashed, friendly mutt for a pet parade/walk. Meet at the Historical Society Red School House on the Lake.
• 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Antique & Classic Car Show on the lawn of the Town Office (only if it rained Saturday!)
• 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Vassalboro Library Buck a Bag Book Sale at Grange
• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Historical Society Open Houses, Displays and Fire House Sale in the East near and across from the Grange.
• Noon – 4 p.m., Lemieux’s Orchard corn maze, wagon rides, apple picking at 210 Priest Hill Rd.
• 2 p.m., Performance by Kennebec Valley Chordsmen at the Historical Society.
• 4 p.m., Second Wind Band, ‘90s Country Cover Band to perform at the Olde Mill (rain or shine) to benefit the Vassalboro Fuel Fund.
BYO Chairs! What a great way to close out a great weekend!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- Vassalboro town manager incoming MMA president
- Law enforcement tops selectmen’s agenda
- School board members continue information sharing
- Relations among town departments seem to be running smoothly
- Agreement approved with Hussey Communications to expand wireless internet
- Planners approve camp expansion on Webber Pond
- Selectmen to open bids on tax-acquired lot; review emergency services, police
- Vassalboro selectmen postpone business due to chairman’s absence
- Better communication between agencies topic of Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting