by Mark Huard
The 15th annual Warming Up for Christmas benefit concert with Steve Fotter and Friends was held on Saturday, December 3, at the Williamson Auditorium, at Lawrence High School, in Fairfield, and helped raise $12,000 for the ShineOnCass Foundation.
The foundation was created to honor the spirit, continue the work, and encourage others to live the legacy of Cassidy Charette, whose kindness and passion for others shines on!
The mission is to educate, inspire and empower youth to make their world a better place through volunteer charitable activities.
The effort envisions stronger communities led by future generations who make community service and kindness part of everyday life.
These are just some of the many ways we support the ShineOnCase:
- Cassidy’s Kitchen: Hart-Hart Farm and Education Center;
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Maine;
- Cassisy’s Kids: Mount Merici Academy;
- Waterville Area Humane Society ShineOnCass Day;
- Central Aroostook Humane Society ShineOneCass Day;
- Shine on Saturday, Messalonskee High School girls soccer.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Storm damage in Fairfield
- Albion youth attains Eagle Scout status
- Police conduct 11th annual Cops Care for Kids program Fairfield’s finest trade stetsons for Santa hats
- Local students graduate from Bates College
- Area students earn dean’s list at University of Maine
- Fairfield takes ownership of new truck
- Area students on Husson University’s presidents list
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- LaVerdiere, Breton, Mills-Stevens win seats on board of selectmen
- Farrington given recognition plaque for years of service on board of selectmen