The Oakland, Williams, Messalonskee Alumni Association, which started in 1920 as the Oakland Alumni Association, held their annual banquet on August 13 at the Waterville Elks hall with 150 alumni and guests in attendance. Attendees ranged from Bernard Bulmer of the Williams High School class of 1940 to Amelia Gallagher who will graduate in the Messalonskee High School class of 2020. Elizabeth Larsen daughter, of Lee Ann Doran Larsen and Mark Larsen, received the Educational Aid Award for 2016. There were 12 alumni and guests from the Williams High class of 1946 celebrating their 70th reunion and 18 from the Class of 1966 celebrating their 50th reunion. The Eagle Award was presented to Irene Roderick Belanger from the class of 1959. This award is presented each year to someone who has shown outstanding service and commitment to their community. Irene served many years on the planning board in China and is presently on the selectboard as well as representing China on many local and state committees. The 2017 banquet will be held on August 12 at the Elks Lodge.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Shane Savage named CMGC developer of the year
- New location for Candy Hollow in Oakland
- Town embarks on Comprehensive Planning process
- Girl Scouts bake pies for dinner
- Owen Corrigan earns rank of Eagle Scout
- Local students graduate from Bates College
- Area students earn dean’s list at University of Maine
- Area students on Husson University’s presidents list
- Bingham, Mayfield and Kingsbury become wind power sites
- China planners express frustration with virtual meetings