For Your Health
(NAPSI)—What your child eats for lunch matters more than you might realize, say the experts at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A healthy lunch and nutritious snacks can help keep your little scholars happy and attentive throughout the school day.
The CDC recommends making sure you include a “combination of foods” when you pack school lunches and, for “something sweet, grab a piece of fruit.” Your kids can “enjoy the naturally sweet taste while loading up on vitamins, fiber and other nutrients” instead of empty calories.
Making that easier are freeze-dried, 100 percent pure fruit snacks that come in convenient single-size serving bags. There are no preservatives and no added sugar, oils or fats—just fruit. What’s more, they’re non-GMO Project Verified, kosher and have 55 calories or less per bag.
The snacks come in seven flavors that kids like: apple, Asian pear, banana, cantaloupe, mango, pineapple and tangerine. All these Crispy Fruit flavors are available in convenient 6-pack or individual, single-serving “Grab & Go” bags.
Why Freeze Dried
Major benefits of freeze-dried fruit are:
- Light and flavorful
- Retain nearly all the nutrients of fresh fruit
- Long shelf life
Power That Lunchbox
When it comes to providing healthy meals and snacks, parents can be “Pro-Packtive” in two other ways. First, visit www.poweryourlunchbox.com to find a wide variety of creative and delicious lunch options, such as:
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 8 oz. cooked shredded chick-en breast
- 2 Tbsp. Vegy Vida Cool Buffalo dip
- 1 Tbsp. shredded carrots
- 2 (8-inch) tortillas
- ½ cup Pero Family Farms sliced mini sweet peppers
- 2 Tbsp. Vegy Vida Kids’ Dip‘n More Creamy Ranch
- 1 pkg. Crispy Green freeze-dried fruit
Mix chicken, dip and carrots in small bowl. Divide between tortillas. Wrap up and cut into pinwheels.
Next, take the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge to eat a healthier lunch. For every parent who does, Produce for Kids will donate $1 to Feeding America.
For further facts, tips and recipes, visit www.crispygreen.com. You can also sign up for a one-time 20 percent discount and free shipping, plus a free, helpful, healthy lifestyle newsletter at www.crispygreen.com/crispygreen-vip-promotion/. To find a retailer nearby that carries Crispy Fruit, go to www.crispygreen.com/where-to-buy.html.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: A Tool To Save Lives
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Tiny Teeth Are A BIG Deal
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Keep Your Air Clean
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Poems That Can Help With Healing In Hard Times
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: COVID-19 and “Sandwich Generation” Caregivers
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: What Blood Cancer Patients Need To Know
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Consuming healthy foods and beverages
- FOR YOUR HEALTH — Mask Matters: Why Selecting The Right Mask Provides Pandemic Protection
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Why Long-Term Care Should Be A Retiree’s Top Concern
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Many Older Americans Heading Into The Holidays Feeling Depressed