The University of Vermont Biology Department, in Burlington, Vermont, presented Delaney Curran, of Skowhegan, with the George M. Happ Award during the May 18 College of Arts and Sciences Awards Ceremony.
This award is presented to a student with outstanding academic performance and excellence in research in biology. Dr. Happ arrived at the University of Vermont as a professor and chairman of the Department of Zoology in 1978. He was instrumental in transforming the faculty to a teacher-scholar model and prioritized obtaining funding to stimulate research.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Skowhegan tailgate gathering rescheduled
- Skowhegan High School class of 1963 “Tail Gate Gathering”
- Kuntz named to the dean’s list at Ohio Christian University Adult & Graduate Studies Program
- Dakota Bragg named a Presidential Scholar at Clarkson University
- Steward named to dean’s list at Bob Jones University
- Local Residents initiated into the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Area teams take part in Battle for Breast Cancer field hockey tourney
- Leah Savage named to Adelphi University’s Spring 2019 dean’s list
- Showing enthusiasm and spirit
- Elizabeth Jones named to Emory & Henry College’s dean’s list