According to Fairfield Town Manager Michelle Flewelling, all previously posted measures will remain in effect until April 30, 2020, unless otherwise noted. If circumstances warrant, this time period will be adjusted.
The annual town budget meeting public hearing, following a vote by the town council on March 25, will be postponed until May 27, 2020, with the annual town budget meeting moved to June 15, 2020. These dates are tentative and subject to change.
Persons seeking General Assistance/Welfare should call the Town Office at 453-7911 x106 and we will process applications over the phone.
Access to the Fire Station and Police Department will be closed to all except emergency needs. If you have a non-emergency request such as a burn permit or a police report, please call, fire station-453-2429 or police station, 453-9321, and they will assist you in obtaining what you need. Emergency needs for EMS, fire, and police should be treated as normal by calling 911 for assistance.
Regularly scheduled town council meetings will continue and participants are strongly encouraged to attend virtually ONLY. Watch for participation instructions in the agenda and on our social media platforms.
The Town Office will be closed to the public. At this time, staff are working and actively responding to calls and e-mails during our normal business hours. The town office can be reached at 453-7911 or email@example.com. Please refer to our website at www.fairfieldme.com for online services.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local municipal offices set to re-open
- March 3, 2020 election results for Vassalboro & Fairfield
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2020
- Area roads not affected by questionable pavement sealant
- Unofficial returns for MSAD #49 school budget validation and referendum process
- June 2019 local election results (China, Vassalboro, Fairfield, Benton)
- Fairfield announces facade improvement plan
- Storm damage in Fairfield
- Albion youth attains Eagle Scout status
- Police conduct 11th annual Cops Care for Kids program Fairfield’s finest trade stetsons for Santa hats