NAPSI—If you’re among the increasing number of Americans keen on natural solutions to boost immunity these days, you may be glad to know the answer may be right in your refrigerator—or should be. Loaded with vitamin C and zinc, and with key antioxidant qualities, Limoneira Lemons can play a vital role in helping the immune system adapt to new threats and conditions.
Experts have cited lemons as a way to “reduce the risk of complications from a cold or flu, and reduce inflammation in the body.” Experiments have also found that lemon juice can destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases.
Lemons are also a boon to any kitchen or DIY beauty routine—plus, they’re a handy sustainability tool. Use them to make life simpler without investing in potentially toxic chemicals or overpriced solutions. In fact, beyond their immunity-boosting benefits, lemons provide natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties that let you clean and disinfect your home, naturally.
Here’s how to create a useful all-purpose cleaner for your kitchen and bathroom that can help your house smell spring fresh all year: Combine equal parts lemon juice and water in a spray bottle. You can use it nearly anywhere. For wood surfaces, create a polish by mixing one cup of olive oil and one-half cup of lemon juice. Test it first on a small spot.
For other “green cleaning” with lemon tips, visit www.Limoneira.com/cleaning.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – The public health threat no one talks about: loneliness
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Feeding A Global Need
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Every Young Man Should Know About This Type Of Cancer Prevention
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Stock Up On Healthful Food
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: What Is Your Migraine Treatment IQ?
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: COVID-19 Can Cause Kidney Injury, Yet Most Americans Don’t Know It
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Turn your summer vacation into a staycation
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Kitchen Design with Health and Ergonomics in Mind
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – The Safety of Mushrooms: From Harvest to Home
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Cracking the code to society’s most feared disease