(NAPSI)—A common but hidden scourge, excessive perspiration is a serious medical condition called hyperhidrosis that affects nearly 367 million people.
Lisa Pieretti, executive director of the International Hyperhidrosis Society (IHhS), notes, “The pressures of dealing with a ‘sweating problem’ around peers can be catastrophic to self-esteem and more. Too often, people become anxious about going to work, socializing with friends, or being out in public in general. But when those with hyperhidrosis receive support, understanding, and appropriate treatment, their lives can be dramatically changed.”
Consider these common myths:
Myth: Sweaty people are nervous.
Truth: People with hyperhidrosis sweat excessively regardless of mood, weather or activity.
Myth: Night sweats are a “female problem.”
Truth: Night sweats can be serious for anyone. Any changes in your pattern of sweating should be evaluated by a physician.
Myth: Antiperspirants are for underarms only.
Truth: You can use most antiperspirants nearly anywhere sweating is a problem. One of the most effective available without a prescription, Certain Dri, was specifically developed for people who suffer from excessive sweating.
If you produce excess perspiration, ask your doctor to help you to not just “know sweat” but achieve a more comfortable, happier life.
Learn more at www.SweatHelp.org.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Give The Gift Of Music For The Present Of A Lifetime
- Get Back On Your Feet—Tips For Running At Any Age
- Five Myths And Facts About Cholesterol
- Laser Vision Correction For Life’s Major Milestones
- Know the signs of peripheral artery disease
- Screen To Keep Spine Trouble From Getting Worse
- Four Ways To Show Your School Spirit
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: They Saved A Baby’s Life — Here’s How You Could, Too
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Tips For Shedding Those Pandemic Pounds
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – NervGen Pharma: A“Blockbuster Drug” in the Making?