To the editor:
Isaac Newton, in 18th century England, discovered natural laws which formed a basis for classical physics. One of these relates force and motion. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Recoil.
On the scale of forces now possible with nuclear weapons, Earth’s path in space could be disturbed. Distance from the sun, a skewered axis, irregular tides and flooding.
Strata in the Earth’s crust are like pages in a book. They tell the history of the Earth.
Thus, it may be that another form of life in the distant future may uncover deposits which record two mass extinctions. The age of dinosaurs from a collision with a massive meteor, and the age of mammals followed caused by forces linked to lingering radiation.
Every species has a predator. Even us. Man is his own predator.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Sports group seeks volunteers
- LETTERS: Like rats jumping from a sinking ship
- LETTERS: High or low?
- LETTERS: Community refrigerator: What a fantastic idea
- LETTERS: What a treat!
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Make your country proud
- LETTERS: Smiles, waves and happy birthday
- LETTERS: What about the USPS?
- LETTERS: AARP is politically nonpartisan
- LETTERS: A calm, measured approach to life and politics