To the editor:
I want to thank all my patients at Lovejoy Health Center who made my return to work there so rewarding. I worked at Lovejoy from 1993 to 2010, and returned last July, happy to reconnect with many of you. As some of you probably know, I am no longer working at the health center. The reasons are not for discussion here, but I do want to mention something which is not a reason, to prevent any false rumors. As many of you know, and as I am happy to share with anyone, I am a recovering alcoholic, a problem that blossomed in my life after my first tenure at Lovejoy. My recovery continues one sweet day at a time without interruption.
I have deeply enjoyed sharing my life and medical skills with you, my patients. You are the reason I followed this calling in the first place. Be well, prosper, and may God bless.
Dr. David Austin
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Palermo Community Garden gives back
- LETTERS: High prescription costs affect the whole family
- LETTERS: Turn the wheel for ourselves
- LETTERS: “Hell, Yes,” on China’s Question #1
- LETTERS: Opposed to candidate because of past performance
- LETTERS: Vote “yes” for better internet
- LETTERS: A thank you to the community, Supports Marquis for selectboard
- LETTERS: Marquis is superb candidate
- LETTERS: Jeanne is a darn good listener
- LETTERS: Voting “yes” for better internet service