To the editor:
The letter to Senator [Susan] Collins recently published urging her to support President Trump and secure our southern border brought back memories. As a former classmate of Mrs. Sutton, I would listen to similar stories from her outlining the troubles they had with illegal trespassing on their property in southern Texas. Her frustration was long-standing that the lawbreaker invaders got more sympathy than she did as an American tax paying citizen.
It was sad to see she did not feel safe on her own property and ended up moving twice, each time further from the border. We must enforce our current immigration laws and stop the flow of drugs, gangs and people promoting sex trafficking into our country.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Voting “yes” for better internet service
- LETTERS: Freedom has many meanings
- LETTERS: Sad day at Country Manor
- LETTERS: Just a reminder
- LETTERS: Seniors program does incredible work
- LETTERS: Caretakers deserve higher pay
- LETTERS: Juneteenth does not take away from July 4
- LETTERS: Thanks for the parade
- LETTERS: In-person learning still the best way
- LETTERS: Urges support of affordable drugs