To the editor:
As a veteran of two wars, it is with a tear in my eye as I witnessed what happened to our great republic. It’s hard to believe that true Republicans would have had anything to do with this insurrection. In my opinion this peaceful protest got taken over by people who were intent on destroying what was supposed to be a peaceful protest, and made everybody look bad.
I will make this short and would remind people of every generation to heed the words of a great band called Pink Floyd. In their song, Hey, You, and quoting our founding fathers’ and daughters’ words, and recalling that Pink Floyd is an English band, quote “United We Stand, Divided We Fall!” This is a wake up call to all Democrats and Republicans to please make our country proud and unite for all of us citizens.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Sports group seeks volunteers
- LETTERS: Like rats jumping from a sinking ship
- LETTERS: High or low?
- LETTERS: Community refrigerator: What a fantastic idea
- LETTERS: What a treat!
- LETTERS: Smiles, waves and happy birthday
- LETTERS: What about the USPS?
- LETTERS: AARP is politically nonpartisan
- LETTERS: A calm, measured approach to life and politics
- LETTERS: Two votes for Koch