Winners of the Peace Poster Contest were honored with their art teachers by the Whitefield Lions Club on October 26.
For the past 30 years Lions clubs around the world have sponsored the Lions International Peace Poster Contest.
The theme of the 2017-2018 contest is “The Future of Peace”
Winners listed by school:
Whitefield: Art teacher Holly Hilton, first Jenna Perkins, second Hannah Jackson, third Acadia Kelley.
Jefferson: Art teacher Rachel Richmond, first Abby St. Cyr, second Victoria Ingram, third Seung Nam Montaro.
Chelsea: Art teacher Sandy Dunn; first Liberty Kimball, second Malaika Igbal, third Camyrin Thompson.
Windsor: Art teacher Jenny Keller, first Damon Wilson, second Mallary Hanke, third Anna Labbe.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Roxanne Malley inducted as Lion
- Induction ceremony held for Erskine Leos
- Whitefield Lions announce peace poster contest winners
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Nutrient management for high tunnels to be presented
- Roper presented with service award
- Michelle Boyer inducted in Whitefield Lions
- Two Lions cited for service
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Whitefield Local Lions award six scholarships to local students