The Embden Community Center has awarded two scholarships to graduating seniors at Carrabec High School, in North Anson. Spencer Lawler-Sidell, son of Candace Lawler-Sidell and Stephen Sidell, of Embden, is the recipient of one scholarship. He will be attending Southern Maine Community College in the liberal studies program.
Emily Witham, daughter of Wendy Witham and Michael Witham, of Embden, is the recipient of the other scholarship. She will be attending the University of Maine at Farmington in the community health program. The Embden Community Center has been awarding a scholarship each year to a graduating Embden student(s) for the past 5 years.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Somerset Public Health’s forum on rural opioid crisis held in Palmyra
- Golf for Kids raises $38,000
- Community comes together to surpass fundraising goal
- Road races to benefit Cpl. Eugene Cole’s family
- Cpl. Eugene Cole’s wife leads a charge for community
- SOLON & BEYOND: Somerset County 4-H Leaders Association to hold auction, activities on May 5
- Somerset County: Fallen state trooper remembered